Among the many decisions that must be made when you plan your wedding is the band that will be playing. Wedding music can add a great deal to the ambiance of the event, so you want to make sure you choose an appropriate band. If you’re planning a beach wedding , you also want to find a band that is just right for this type of festive environment. Let’s look at some of the main factors you must consider before booking a wedding band.
- Experience -You should look into how experienced the band is. This includes not only the musical experience of the band’s members but if they’ve done many weddings. A band that is accustomed to playing mainly at night clubs, for example, might not be ideal for a wedding.
- Musical Style and Talent -This is an obvious consideration, as you want your guests to enjoy the music. Most bands have websites or songs posted to online sites such as SoundCloud or Reverberation. If you can actually see the band perform live before booking them, that’s even better. In addition to getting a talented band, you also want one that plays the right type of wedding music for your event.
- Sound System -Does the band have its own equipment and will they be able to set it up properly for your wedding? With a beach wedding, you will have to decide how to handle the issue of a sound system. You may want to rent a sound system for the event. If the band brings its own sound system you won’t have to worry about this, although you may still need at least speakers for the ceremony and announcements.
- Cost -You naturally have to consider the cost of the band and how it fits with the overall budget for the wedding. This can vary quite a bit, depending on the experience and reputation of the band, the scheduling of the wedding and the location. If you’re on a tight budget you may want to get quotes from a few different bands. At the same time, you don’t want to choose a band simply because they’re cheap.
- Contracts and Insurance -You should have a written contract when booking a band. Another question to ask is if the band has liability insurance. This is something that professional bands should have to cover any potential mishaps.
- Scheduling -You will have to find a band that’s available on the date and time of your wedding. If the event is held during a popular time, such as spring, you might have to book well in advance to find an experienced and talented band.
Take the Time to Find the Right Band
Finding a great wedding band is not difficult, but it does take a little time and research. Take a thorough survey of the bands that are available and narrow it down using the above criteria as well as any personal preferences you might have. Asking friends for references can also help. Perhaps someone who had an amazing band at his or her wedding could make a recommendation. The perfect wedding band is out there, you just have to find them.